Roomie Remote 1.9 is now available for download on the App Store! The changes in this release are summarized here.
- Live Video Cameras: View RTSP video feeds such as those from most surveillance cameras. Cameras can be added to Virtual Remotes and separate panels.
- Conditional Delays: Delays may be added when a device is powered on before sending additional commands with no delay if the device is already powered on.
- Windows Mouse Control: Support for mouse and keyboard control of Windows systems via MCE Controller.
- Remote Buddy Screen Control: Support for mouse and keyboard control as well as live screen viewing has been added for Remote Buddy for OS X.
- URL Buttons: Buttons on Remote Designs can now open apps, URLs or even live camera displays as part of the command list.
- Dynamic Device Updates: Roomie no longer depends on a monolithic device library and now downloads updates dynamically as needed. This results in much faster updates and a much smaller app footprint.
New In-App Purchase: Agent Management Pack
- Roomie Agent Integration: Roomie Agent for OS X, a separate product available in the Roomie Store, provides management of Roomie devices. Agent support is activated in Roomie by the Agent Management Pack in-app purchase.
- Backup and Synchronization: Synchronization and backup for all Agent Management Pack enabled Roomie devices via Wi-Fi Synchronization.
- Remote App Launching: Launch and bring to front applications on the Agent OS X system from Roomie’s command lists.
- OS X Control: Control a Roomie Agent OS X system including live screen display in the Virtual Remote, mouse control, and keyboard commands.
- Remote Configuration Lock: Configurations can now be locked remotely via Roomie Agent including an optional PIN number to allow local access.
Control OS X
- Logitech Alert Cameras: Viewing live video from Logitech Alert cameras as well as automatic discovery of the cameras and integration into Remote Designs has been added.
- iTach Flex Serial: Support for serial connections with the new iTach Flex adapters has been added.
- MiCasaVerde Vera Lighting Feedback: Brightness and power management for lights and switches via Vera has been added as well as synchronization of all Vera devices.
- Anthem D2v/50v: Support for Anthem’s D2v/50v processor series has been added including feedback.
- Over 35,000 new infrared commands have been added for even greater compatibility with virtually all infrared devices. Newly added codes especially focus on adding many devices from international markets.
- Sonos Pandora integration now includes Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down feedback.
- The System Off activity for a Room can now be deleted. New Activities may be designated as either Power On or Power Off Activities.
- Insteon ISY99 Lighting Feedback is now more efficient allowing a significantly greater number of simultaneous feedbacks.
- Add Device now re-sorts devices less frequently so that devices are easier to select on highly populated networks.
- Wi-Fi Warning now appears whenever resuming the app if Wi-Fi is not active.
- Sonos Group control has been moved to the Media Bar.
- Updated App Icon.
- Restored ability to set Repeats for commands to Serial and IP devices.
- Fixed scrolling issue in Guide Settings on iPad screens.
- Fixed rare crash related to guide data.
- Fixed older Marantz receiver volume feedback (Pre-2010).
- Fixed iTunes Airplay speaker feedback.
- Fixed issue on iPhone screens jumping to Virtual Remote from the Room list on a configuration update if an activity was open.
Configurations are automatically updated by this version. All Roomie devices sharing a configuration should be upgraded to this release.